About Google-managed customer support
Google-managed customer support is required for Shopping Actions retailers. Shopping Actions customer support allows your customers to receive help from Google for any order-related communications and issues. It promotes customer loyalty by providing fast and accurate order information while helping reduce your operational consumer support costs.
This article provides details about how Shopping Actions customer support works and what you need to get started.
How it works
After a customer places an order, they can contact Google customer support for order status, updates, and other information. Google will manage most order-related communications. On rare occasions, Google customer support may contact you for order escalations. Here are a few of the ways we offer support to your customers:
- Support tools. We have a variety of support tools that allow us to efficiently support customers, including hands-on account management and high-touch support handling.
- Satisfaction tracking. We keep a close eye on customer satisfaction. We use surveys in several channels to measure how we’re doing and maintain high thresholds for successful customer satisfaction.
- Fraud abuse and detection. Google uses algorithmic and manual solutions to detect and fight fraud and abuse on our platform. This includes monitoring for abusive actions such as: payments fraud, coupon abuse, refund abuse, chargebacks, and reseller and wholesaler misbehavior. These processes include policy enforcement at both the order and account level. Customers with a history of abusing customer support processes or site coupons are routed to a special handling queue with highly restrictive procedures to prevent future fraud. You can report suspected fraud on our platform by reaching out to your customer support point of contact.
Shopping Actions customer support
You’ll need to provide the following contact details dedicated to warranty returns (hotline, address), if applicable.
Customers may contact Shopping Actions customer support in French or English for help with their orders or the buying experience through one of these three channels:
Agents are available 7 days a week from 0600-00:00 CET
Escalations help resolve issues with existing orders that can't be resolved through normal refunds or replacements, or courtesy coupons.
Warranty claims & VAT receipts
If a customer contacts Shopping customer support for help with warranty claims and VAT Receipts, Shopping customer support will consult you to secure the VAT receipt or invoice, or to receive guidance on warranty support for the customer. You’ll need to respond to this consult within 8 business hours. If you don’t, the customer may be refunded, and you may be charged.
Keep in mind
- These processes and billing rules are subject to change. You’ll be notified before any changes take effect.
- If you believe you were billed in error for a customer refund, you may dispute the refund or contact support directly.
To get started with Shopping Actions customer support, follow these steps:
- Provide a customer support escalation contact in your Merchant Center Account in the Shopping Actions tab.
- Ensure your escalation contact is trained and familiar with Shopping Actions orders. Learn more about Shopping Actions basics.
- Remove any transactional emails you currently send to customers.
- Set up Google-facilitated returns.
If you have any questions about this program, reach out to your Shopping Actions business contact.