Shopping Actions has a new name! Shopping Actions is now Buy on Google. You’ll see the new name across the help center. Learn more
Google-managed customer support is required for Buy on Google retailers in the US who haven’t yet migrated to the new experience, and retailers in France. Buy on Google customer support allows your customers to receive help from Google for any order-related communications and issues. It promotes customer loyalty by providing fast and accurate order information while helping reduce your operational consumer support costs.
This article provides details about how Buy on Google customer support works and what you need to get started.
How it works
After a customer places an order, they can contact Google customer support for order status, updates, and other information. Google will manage most order-related communications. On rare occasions, Google customer support may contact you for order escalations. Here are a few of the ways we offer support to your customers:
- Support tools. We have a variety of support tools that allow us to efficiently support customers, including hands-on account management and high-touch support handling.
- Satisfaction tracking. We keep a close eye on customer satisfaction. We use surveys in several channels to measure how we’re doing and maintain high thresholds for successful customer satisfaction.
- Fraud abuse and detection. Google uses algorithmic and manual solutions to detect fraud and abuse on our platform. These processes include policy enforcement at both the order and account level. You can report suspected fraud on our platform by contacting our support team.
Buy on Google customer support
Customers may contact Google customer support for help with their orders or buying experience through one of these three channels:
Agents are available by chat and email 24/7, and by phone 7 days a week from 6:00 am - 11:00 pm PST.
Escalations help resolve issues with existing orders that can't be resolved through normal refunds, replacements, or courtesy coupons.
Keep in mind
- These processes and billing rules are subject to change. You’ll be notified before any changes take effect.
- If you believe you were billed in error for a customer refund, you may dispute the refund or contact support directly.
To get started with Buy on Google customer support, follow these steps:
- Provide a customer support escalation contact in your Merchant Center account in the Buy on Google tab.
- Ensure your escalation contact is trained and familiar with Buy on Google orders.
- Remove any transactional emails you currently send to customers.
- Set up Google-facilitated returns.
If you have any questions, reach out to your Buy on Google business contact.
Need help? Click hereto contact Buy on Google support.