Some of your products have been detected to be customizable, which means that they require a customer to personalize product details in order to successfully complete the purchase. This customization does not include selecting variants (for example, size
[size] or color
[color]) for your product, but indicates you may need to add additional details that aren't represented by a variant choice, such as a custom name.
Products that are customizable or require personalization are not supported on Buy on Google. To avoid cancellation of orders with products that require customization, opt-out these products from Buy on Google.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Update attributes to exclude those items from specific destinations
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Missing customization
- For each product with this issue:
- Determine which product requires customization
- Remove products from the destination by doing the following:
For merchants sending an XML data file to Google via SFTP or FTP
<g:excluded_destination><g:aspect>sell on google</g:destination></g:excluded_destination>
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.