Sign up as a Comparison Shopping Service
In countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and in Switzerland, Comparison Shopping Services (CSSs) can advertise on Google with Shopping ads on behalf of merchants they represent. Shopping ads for CSSs are currently available in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland , United Kingdom.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet as a CSS to show ads for products of merchants you represent.
- You must operate a Comparison Shopping Service website meeting the following requirements:
- The site shows all offers you submit to Google and allows users to search for and compare different products and different offers for the same product from different merchants.
- The site shows product offers that lead users to a page where they can buy the listed product.
- The site offers a search box for queries and provides search functionality based primarily on a dynamic and automated process and that is not substantially based on search technology licensed or syndicated from Google.
- The site is accessible to everyone without sign-up.
- Your business must have a registration in at least one EEA country and show a business address corresponding to your registration on your website.
- Ads must comply with all Shopping ads policies and Product Data specifications.
- Offer links promoted in Shopping ads (unless expressly specified differently for a particular ad format) need to lead users directly to a page that allows them to buy the advertised product. Learn more about landing page requirements
- Submit product data for each merchant you represent in a separate sub-account of a multi-client account (one sub-account for each distinct merchant domain).
- If you’d like to represent a marketplace, request a separate marketplace multi-client account for offers of that marketplace. Submit product data for each individual seller on the marketplace in a separate sub-account of that marketplace multi-client account. If you allow transactions on your own domain, request a separate marketplace multi-client account for those offers and submit product data for each merchant in a separate sub-account of that marketplace multi-client account.
- If your business is primarily a marketplace allowing transactions on your own domain, you cannot participate as a CSS, but you may participate as a marketplace through one or several CSSs of your choosing.
- You must create a new AdWords account and link it exclusively to your CSS multi-client account(s) and their sub-accounts, if applicable.
- You warrant that you have the necessary rights to permit Google to access, index, cache or crawl the landing-page URL(s) of the seller’s site and the content available through such URL(s), and to display the information associated with the product ads you submit. Your service to third parties must clearly and conspicuously disclose to such third parties that this content of theirs will be provided to Google and may be made available to the general public.
If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your products or suspend your account(s) and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account(s).
How to sign up
If you run a CSS business that complies with the requirements above and you’d like to participate in Shopping ads on behalf of merchants you represent, do the following:
- Create a new Merchant Center account
- In the “Business information” section of your Merchant Center account, add the following information:
- Your business display name (as you’d like it to be shown to users, max. 10-15 characters)
- Your website, including the schema (http:// or https://)
- Your business address
- Your customer service contact information (URL, email, and phone number)
- Next, verify your website URL as follows:
- If you do not currently have another account advertising with Shopping ads for the given domain, verify and claim the website during sign-up in Merchant Center.
- If you are currently advertising with Shopping ads for the given domain, claiming the site may interfere with ads served from other Merchant Center accounts you already have. In this case, use Google Search Console to verify your domain, but do not claim it. Log on with a user who has access to the Merchant Center account created, navigate to Search Console, and add the property.
- Stop at this point, and sign up here to transform your account into a CSS multi-client account. Do not upload any offers to this initial account.