This article explains the benefits of Merchant Promotions and how it works.
Merchant Promotions is a free feature that allows you to distribute online promotions with Shopping ads on Google.com. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a 'special offer' link (e.g. 15% off, free delivery, etc.). This link can increase the appeal of your Shopping ads and encourage shoppers to buy.
Note: Cost per click (CPC) rates still apply.
- Boost clickthrough rate: Use promotions to highlight your Shopping ads
- Increase conversions: Give shoppers a reason to buy now
- Capture multi-screen traffic: Google shows 'special offer' links on desktop and mobile devices
How it works
Merchant Promotions starts after you submit a products feed to Google Merchant Center. Once you have an active products feed, you can create a promotion for each type of promotion that you want to offer. After you create a promotion, Google reviews it.
Google accepts the following promotions:
- Discounts: Percent off, cash back, buy one get one free, or buy one get 2nd percent off
- Free gifts: Free item or free gift card for a specified value
- Delivery: Free or discounted delivery
Note: All approved promotions are displayed with your Shopping ads on Google.com. Promotions feeds do not affect rankings on Google.