This article explains the benefits of promotions and how they work.
Promotions allow you to distribute online offers across different Google properties, including Google Search, the Shopping tab, Chrome and more. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a 'special offer' link (e.g. 15% off, free delivery). This link can increase the appeal of the products that you show and encourage shoppers to buy.
To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the 'Settings' icon at the bottom of the video player, then select 'Subtitles/CC' and choose your language.
- Boost click-through rate: Use promotions to highlight the products that you show on Google
- Increase conversions: Give shoppers a reason to buy now
- Capture multi-screen traffic: Google shows 'special offer' links on desktop and mobile devices
How it works
Promotions are available if you have an active product feed in the Google Merchant Center. Once you've successfully activated promotions, you can create a variety of different types. Once a promotion has been created, Google will review it.
Google accepts the following types of promotions:
- Discounts: Percentage off, cash back, buy one get one free or buy one get a second with percentage off
- Free gifts: Free item or free gift card for a specified value
- Delivery: Free or discounted delivery
Note: Promotions do not affect rankings on Google.
Create and manage promotions with third-party partners (US only)
If you have a Shopify or WooCommerce account, you can connect your product discounts from these platforms to your Merchant Center account to show your promotions for your products on Google. You don't have to create your promotions through your Merchant Center account if you use this feature. Learn more about managing your promotions through third-party partners