Google Merchant Center has been redesigned with clearer workflows, simpler navigation, and more program insights. Use the new Merchant Center to explore and discover new Google programs for your products while continuing to manage and configure your product data for Shopping ads. Merchant Center is now designed around:
- Business information: Manage details about your business and brand, such as your store name, contact details, and website
- Catalog: Upload and manage your data across multiple Google programs
- Programs: Discover additional programs to help promote and sell your products
Navigate the new Merchant Center
We’ve made navigating Merchant Center more intuitive by bundling common tasks and actions. Use the new Home page to view recent announcements and dashboard data for your account and view consolidated product feed and data quality information under Products. In addition, you can manage your program information and configuration under each Program and use Shipping and Sales tax to configure your account-level services.
HomeGo to the Home page from the navigation panel to quickly view Merchant Center announcements as well as your Dashboard information. The Dashboard contains cards such as product data overviews, feed information, and Shopping ad clicks. For more information on your product data, follow the direct links to access data diagnostics and product feeds.
Business informationManage your business information and details in the new Business information section.
- About your business: Manage your store name and contact information
- Website: Claim and verify your website
- Logo: Upload your store logos to be used on Google Shopping
The products section allows you to manage your feed, review feed data quality, and view a detailed list of your products in a centralized spot. Use the Products page to quickly identify trends and opportunities for your product data.
- Diagnostics: Review and troubleshoot current and historical issues with your product data
- Feeds: Upload and manage your product data
- List: View detailed information about your submitted products
View recent account notifications within Merchant Center by clicking on the Mail icon in the upper-right hand corner of your account. The messages stored in the message archive include emails that have been sent to your Merchant Center account.
Manage account settingsManage your account preferences, account links, Merchant Center users, and much more in the new account settings drop-down. To go to your account management preferences, click the 3-dot icon in the upper right-hand corner of your account.
- Account preferences: Manage your time zone and language preferences
- Account linking: Link your Google Ads, Display Video 360, and supported e-commerce platforms to Merchant Center
- Automatic item updates: Enable automatic item updates to allow Google to update your items on Google Shopping based on the schema.org microdata we find on your website
- User: Adjust user access level and administrative ownership for Merchant Center
- STFP/FTP/GCS: Use SFTP (preferred), FTP, or Google Cloud Storage (GCS) to transfer product data to Google’s servers
- API diagnostics: Set up the Content API for Shopping (advanced), which enables you to programmatically upload product listings
- Merchant Center programs: Explore programs in Merchant Center that may help you advertise your products
New Merchant Center features
Explore programsMerchant Center supports a variety of programs that help you promote and advertise your products on Google. Go to the Merchant Center Programs page under the 3-dot icon to explore programs in Merchant Center.
The Programs page contains cards featuring the various programs that are available in Merchant Center, and some may be a good fit for your business. Select the Learn more option in each card to continue exploring the various programs and select Get started to express your interest in participating in a program.
Feed rules updateWe’ve updated feed rules to more closely align with how we see retailers using the tool, allowing you to partially change or update existing values, create new values by combining static values and values from different attributes in your feed, and extract values from other attribute values. Learn more
Currency conversionsUse the currency conversion tool to help you expand the reach of your products to more countries with little extra work. This new feature could be especially valuable to you if you sell and ship products to multiple countries, but your website doesn’t have different product pages for each country’s currency. Just submit the products and prices you use on your website, and the tool will estimate the currency conversion in the ads for you. Learn more
The diagnostic page in Merchant Center has been updated to provide you with the latest results from your feed uploads and product updates. The results will be displayed in near-real time instead of twice a day -- meaning that you’ll have fresher data to update and optimize your product feeds.
Get helpTo find help, click the 3-dot icon in the upper right-hand corner of your account and choose Help center and support.
Send us feedback
We want to hear about what's working for you in the new Merchant Center and what could be improved. To share your thoughts, click the 3-dot icon in the upper right-hand side of your account, and select Report an error.
Posted October 2019 | Merchant Center Announcements