Feeds through Merchant Center
This article will tell you how to upload your Product Ratings feed to Merchant Center.
Before you begin
- Have a Merchant Center account or sub-account. Learn more about how to open a Merchant Center account
- Sign up to submit your feed using this interest form.
- Have a validated product reviews XML file ready. Learn more about XML validation and creating your XML feed
- Make sure your feed meets these prerequisites:
- You must host your own XML feed, and the URL of your file location must begin with http://, https://, ftp://, or sftp://.
- You can supply a single XML file or multiple XML files compressed into a .zip file.
- Under no circumstances may the size of a single XML file exceed 100 MB, even if it is contained in a .zip file. A .zip file containing multiple XML files may be over 100 MB in size. Any single XML file that exceeds the 100 MB size limit will not be processed.
- Each single file must be a fully-contained, valid XML file. Refer to the feed specifications for details on what each XML file should include.
How to upload a new Product Reviews feed
- Log in to your Merchant Center account.
- Click the Product Reviews tab.
- Click the plus button .
- From the dropdown, select the Feed mode.
- A Standard feed indicates a reviews feed that is intended to be fully processed.
- A Test feed should be uploaded only for validation purposes.
- From the second dropdown, select the Feed type
- A “Product Reviews feed” (or a “Full feed”) indicates a full set of product reviews that belong to a merchant.
- A “Product Reviews update feed” (or an “Incremental feed”) contains an incremental subset of reviews from the last upload.
- Give your feed a name. Only you will see this.
- Choose an upload method.
- Configure your feed options for the method you’ve chosen.
- Click Continue.
Whether you choose a Scheduled fetch or a direct Upload, you'll need to upload a feed at least once a month so that you will remain eligible for the program. Make sure the file name you provide includes the appropriate extension (.zip for a ZIP file and .xml for a single XML file). Learn more about uploading data feeds
After you have registered a new feed, it will appear in your list of registered feeds in the Feeds screen. A feed can be in the following states:
- Processing: Indicates that feed validation is in progress.
- Processed: Indicates that Google has successfully received and validated the feed.
- Failed: Indicates that feed validation was not successful and the feed content will not be processed further. You must correct the feed and upload the file again.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?