Feeds through Merchant Center
If you are a merchant that would like to send a Product Ratings feed through Merchant Center, first sign up through the interest form . Once you hear back from us, follow these steps to upload your feed.
Uploading your feed to Merchant Center
These are the prerequisites for submitting a feed:
- You must host your own XML feed, and the URL of your file location must begin with http://, https://, ftp://, or sftp://.
- You can supply a single XML file or multiple XML files compressed into a .zip file.
- Under no circumstances may the size of a single XML file exceed 100 MB, even if it is contained in a .zip file. A .zip file containing multiple XML files may be over 100 MB in size. Any single XML file that exceeds the 100 MB size limit will not be processed.
- Each single file must be a fully-contained, valid XML file. Refer to the feed specifications for details on what each XML file should include.
To send a Product Ratings feed directly to Google, you will need a Merchant Center account or sub-account. Once you are logged in to your Merchant Center account, you will have to do the following:
- Register a new feed
- Select an input method
TIP: Don't have a Merchant Center account? Visit our guide on how to open a Merchant Center account.
Register a new reviews feed
- Log in to your Merchant Center account and navigate to the Product Reviews tab
- Have a validated product reviews XML file ready
Select the "Feeds+" button to start the process
- Select the feed mode
- A standard feed indicates a reviews feed that is intended to be fully processed. A test feed should be uploaded only for validation purposes.
- Select the feed type
A Product Reviews feed indicates a full set of product reviews that belong to a merchant (also known as a "full feed"). A Product Reviews update feed contains an incremental subset of reviews from the last upload (also known as an "incremental feed").
- Provide a feed name (used for your reference only).
Choose an input method
You should decide if you want the feed to be automatically fetched through a scheduled fetch or if you would prefer to manually upload the feed from your computer, through SFTP, FTP or Google Cloud Storage. In either case, upload a feed at least once a month so that you will remain eligible for the program. Make sure the file name you provide includes the appropriate extension (.zip for a ZIP file and .xml for a single XML file). More information about uploading data feeds can be found in the Help Center.
After you have registered a new feed, it will appear in your list of registered feeds in the Feeds screen. A feed can be in the following states:
- Indicates that feed validation is in progress.
- Indicates that Google has successfully received and validated the feed.
- Indicates that feed validation was not successful and the feed content will not be processed further. You must correct the feed and upload the file again.