This article provides answers to common questions about pending and rejected promotion statuses.
Each promotion has a status that indicates whether it is eligible to be shown on Google.How do I determine the status of my promotion?
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Promotions dashboard in your Merchant Center account.
- Review the 'Status' column to see the status of each of your promotions.
- Click the speech bubble icon for information about disapproved promotions and helpful links.
To learn more, see Managing your promotions.
The most common reason that promotions have not yet been reviewed are:
- Promotion reviews are typically completed within 12 hours, but may take up to 24 hours, especially if the promotion has been submitted within 24 hours of the start time.
- The promotion's start date/time has not yet been reached. Promotions are not tested for validation review until the promotion's start date and time is reached.
Your promotion could have failed the policy review or the validation review (promotion check). Listed below are the most common reasons for disapproval:
- My promotion was rejected during the policy review.
- My promotion was rejected during the validation review.
promotion_id [promotion_id]is not mapped to the applicable items in your products feed.
promotion_id [promotion_id]is mapped to ineligible items.
- The promotion did not provide the promised discount.
- The discounted price is stated on the product's landing page.
- The product's base price is not on the landing page.
- Gift is not reflected in the basket or at checkout.
The review process involves two steps: policy review and validation review (promotion check). The status of the promotion will appear in review until both steps of the review have been completed.
Tip: We recommend that you submit promotions 24 hours before the start time to allow a smooth and timely review process. Otherwise, the promotion may be delayed by 24 hours.
There are a few factors that could affect your displayed promotions:
- Items in your feed are not fully processed.
- The start time within the date attributes was incorrect.
promotion_id [promotion_id]values were not in your products feed.
promotion_id [promotion_id]in the products feed does not exactly match the
promotion_id [promotion_id]in the promotions feed.
- Information was not submitted in time.
Note: In some cases, unique promotions may not be visible on mobile.
Submit promotions during business hours from Monday to Friday. Once you submit a promotion, processing, review and validation can take up to 24 hours, but typically they are completed within 12 hours. It may also take a few hours for your promotion to go live after it's been fully approved or to stop being shown in ads and free listings after you've stopped it.
Promotions that have not yet been approved can be edited in promotion builder or by uploading an updated promotions feed. Once a promotion has been approved, it is still possible to edit certain information using promotion builder. This article explains how to edit a promotion or change promotion status.
If you upload a new promotions feed to replace the current promotions, the new feed does not stop or delete existing promotions. Existing promotions will continue to run for their specified durations and expire as the promotions from the new feed are added.
Note: Expired promotions will remain in the Promotions dashboard for one year following the expiry date.
Log in to your Merchant Center account and navigate to the Promotions dashboard by selecting 'Promotions' in the navigation menu under 'Marketing'. Select the promotion that you want to be retested, make the edits, then resubmit.
If your promotion was submitted using promotion builder in your Merchant Center account, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your Promotions dashboard
- Find the
promotion_id[promotion_id] that you want to check
- You can find your promo code in the 'Promo Code' column.
If you submitted your promotion with a feed, check your last feed submission for redemption codes.
Promotion status refers to whether a promotion has been manually 'Ended' in the Promotions dashboard. Note that any
promotion_id [promotion_id] that is 'ended' is permanently disabled and can't be reused or restarted.
If an approved promotion expires and it hasn't been manually ended, the promotion will remain in your dashboard as 'Visible', though it will no longer appear. Approved promotions that have expired also can't be reused or restarted.