Local inventory ads policies
Local inventory ads are designed to surface local product and store information to users when the item they're searching for is available nearby. Local inventory ads are available for retailers who have local brick and mortar business locations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, UK, and US.
To participate in local inventory ads, you must adhere to Shopping ads policies and the following exceptions and additions.
The following Shopping ads policies do not apply to local inventory ads:
- Online payment and transaction requirements. Your site does not require an online checkout and payment option. If you offer online checkout and payment, you must adhere to website policies, including the posting of return and refund information, etc. Learn more about quality standards for your ads and website
- Shipping. Given that local inventory ads require an in-store purchase and pickup, no shipping information is required.
The following additional restrictions apply to local inventory ads (not Shopping ads):
- You must have a local brick and mortar business location where customers can physically visit, view, and purchase the desired item
- If you require customers to be club or store members in order to purchase products, you must clearly and prominently disclose this requirement in the product title or promotional text
- You cannot advertise via local inventory ads if your store's primary purpose is to promote products that violate Shopping ad's content policies
- You will not (and will not allow any third party to) use "lsft" to track, collect, or upload any data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address, or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google
You may be asked to participate in inventory verifications
Personally identifiable information (PII)
Your customers' PII should not be provided with any local inventory ads data. For example, do not include names, email addresses, phone numbers, customer identifiers, payment method information, credit card information, club card codes, or any other demographic information that would allow attribution of such information to a particular individual.
If you breach this provision and provide PII to Google, you remain solely responsible for such disclosed PII.
Google will not disclose timestamps, inventory numbers, quantities, or extended amounts that are identifiable to your company. However, Google may publicly disclose generalized availability data.
Note: The purpose of "lsft" is to allow you to identify traffic on your own website resulting from local inventory ads. You may specify a parameter, "lsft", in your dynamic tracking URL in Google Ads, which may be used to append parameters on links to your website or product pages from the local storefront.
Retailers participating in local inventory ads must adhere to all standard data quality requirements, including accurate inventory and pricing data (e.g. quantity and price are up-to-date).