Unsupported Shopping Actions content
Certain products and services that are not supported for promotion or sale in Shopping Actions. All shopping ads policies apply, as per Google Terms of Service. It’s important to review both the Shopping ads policies and the following list to ensure your products and services meet the outlined policies:
- Custom or personalized products
- Bundled service plans
- Used or refurbished products
- Final Sale Items
- Preorder Items
- Digital goods & subscriptions
- Items requiring in-store activation
- Items sold by marketplace sellers
- Items that require scheduled delivery, or delivery by freight
- Regulated vehicle parts (for example, those regulated by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) in the United States)
- Products with age and/or ID verification requirements
- Merchant’s own gift cards
- Rare, scarce or valuable metals or stones
Additional Shopping Actions-specific requirements
Products in the categories below are supported for Shopping Actions and have different policies to show on Shopping Actions than they do to show on Shopping ads.
- Nail polish
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Aerosol hair spray
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent light bulbs
Merchants are responsible for ensuring they promote only ORM-D goods in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation definitions. For complying with marking requirements, merchants must either:
- Appropriately mark the packages with such ORM-D goods with the “ORM-D” or limited quantity marking. The "ORM-D" marking is only permissible until Dec.31, 2020.
- Indicate in their feeds which items are ORM-D goods.
Shopping Actions doesn’t allow promotion or sale of non-ORM-D hazardous materials. Some examples of prohibited products include:
- Lithium metal or ion batteries (such as button cells), unless they are either of the following:
- (a) contained in equipment
- (b) lithium metal batteries with a net weight of 11 lbs or less and packed with equipment
- Flammable solids, like matches, sulfur or silicon powder
- Flammable liquids, like lighter fluid, butane or propane
- Toxic and infectious substances, like pesticides and arsenic
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosives, like sulfuric acid and mercury
Pricing and payments
- For products sold in bulk quantities, the total price for the minimum number of items sold must be submitted.
- Any pricing information contained must comply with local regulations. It is the merchant’s responsibility and also in his best interest to comply with such local requirements while participating in the Shopping Actions program.
- Items with variable prices, such as in auctions, should not be submitted. All products must be sold at fixed prices.
Consumer traffic solicitation
Images with promotional messages
Need help? Click here to contact Shopping Actions support.