Upload a data feed
After you have created and registered your data feed, you can upload a data file into it.
Note: If you submit your items for the first time to a particular target country, it may take up to 2 business days for your items to be reviewed and begin appearing in our search results. To minimize delays, please ensure that your data feed conforms to our feed specifications and program policies. Learn more about our product status definitions.
If you are new to Merchant Center a direct upload may be easiest option. We recommend files smaller than 20 MB to be directly uploaded via the Google Merchant Center Data feeds page. It is easier to submit your file this way, and you're less likely to encounter errors commonly associated with FTP.
Note: If you're submitting a compressed file, your file must be under 500 MB. If your file is larger than 500 MB please split your file into multiple, smaller files before uploading.
When uploading your data feed to Google Merchant Center, you have three upload options. Once you have uploaded a data feed, you may also create a schedule to update your feed automatically.Direct Upload (Files under 20 MB in size)
- Sign in to http://www.google.com/merchants and click the Data feeds link. (Make sure you've already registered your filename in your account.)
- Locate your feed from the list of registered files. In the Uploads column, click the upload file link associated with the file you'd like to submit.
- In the pop-up window, click the Browse... button.
- Navigate to the folder on your computer where your feed is. Select the file you're submitting and click Open. The name of the file you selected will appear in the field to the left of the Browse... button. The filenames must match, so it is important to verify this.
- After you've verified your filenames match, click Upload and process this file.
The upload may take several minutes, depending on the size of your file and the speed of your Internet connection. Once your file has been uploaded, you'll see notification on your screen if the upload was a success. The status of any feed can be found on this Data feeds page. It can take up to 24 hours for your file details to be updated in your account.
FTP Upload (Files under 1GB in size)
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a means of submitting large amounts of product listings. Learn more about FTP
Automatic Upload (Scheduled Fetch) (Files under 1 GB in size)
The automatic upload option allows you to create an uploading schedule for your data feed hosted on your website. Based on the schedule you create, the Google Merchant Center will then download the file from your website and upload it to your account for you.
For more information about scheduling and server or website options, click here.
- Send us a data feed as often as your item information changes -- up to once per day, but remember to upload a new feed at least once a month.
- If you submit multiple data feeds, keep each item in the same data feed with each submission. Avoid moving your items to different feeds.
How many items can I submit to my account?
We strive to allow merchants to submit their full inventory of products. However, all accounts have a default limit of items than can be submitted.
If you’re submitting a large number of items, you will receive a notification in your account when you’re approaching or have reached your current limit.
If you are having problems uploading your data feed, please see our troubleshooting guide.