Supported file formats
We currently support data feeds in the following formats:Text (Spreadsheet) or Tab Delimited
Note: We are currently unable to accept a feed in the Excel file format (.xls). You can convert your Excel file to a text format before you upload it.
Learn more about creating tab-delimited data feeds.
- Simple to create and edit if you have a spreadsheet program
- Easier to view multiple items
- Easier to make formatting mistakes
An example using all the required attributes would look like this:
|123-uk||Yellow Bear||A fuzzy, cuddly teddy bear||12||new||http://www.example.com|
- Your site may already generate an XML file of your content
- Including multiple values for an attribute is easier
- May require more tech-savviness
- Difficult to see many items at once
When creating your data feed, remember to save your file in one of the supported filetypes with the appropriate filename extension:
- .txt: text
- .xml: XML
- .gz: Gnu zip, compressed text or XML
- .zip: Zip, compressed text or XML
- .bz2: Bzip2, compressed text or XML
If you are scheduling your data feed, please ensure that the feed URL directly points to your feed file. If it points to your website instead, your item information will be fetched in a HTML format which will result in a feed failure. The URL must begin with either http://, https://, ftp://, or sftp://. If your file requires a username and password to access, please enter the appropriate login information to allow Google to access your file.