Upload a new image
Some of the images for your vehicles listed for sale on Google have promotional text or obstructing elements, such as retailer logos, calls to action, or watermarks. Since clear images of a vehicle help inform online shoppers, all vehicle ads require an image with an unobstructed view of the vehicle that doesn’t contain additional promotional elements. Vehicle ads that don’t meet this requirement will receive warnings until you’ve updated their images. Turn on image improvements to automatically fix your images. Learn more about image requirements and guidelines for vehicle ads
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to view current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To view a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Review and update image links
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Promotional overlay on image: image link
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each vehicle image is of high-quality without any overlays.
- Change the URL that you’ve submitted for the image link
[image_link]attribute so that it points to the vehicle image without overlays. Submit a new URL rather than updating an existing URL with new content, as this will force a faster fetch of the new image.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.