Ad campaigns can help you boost sales by reaching customers from more places across Google. Creating a campaign in Google Merchant Center will advertise your products across Google Ads channels like YouTube, Search, and Discover.
Your ads can show rich product information like images, prices, and store names. They’re created using data attributes from the product information in your Merchant Center feed and are shown to people who are already searching for the kinds of products you advertise.
How it works
- We use your existing Merchant Center product data to decide how and where to show your ads.
- The product data you submit in Merchant Center contains details about the products you sell. We use these details when we match a user's search to your ads, making sure to show the most relevant products. All available products in Merchant Center will be advertised in your campaigns by default.
- Potential customers will discover ads for your products on Google’s channels (for example, while they’re searching for a video on YouTube). Based on information in your feed, customers will view things like a photo of the product, title, price, store name, and other important information in the ad.
- Customers click on your ads to learn more about your products before making a purchase. You pay per click.
About Performance Max
Any campaign you create in Merchant Center is a Performance Max campaign. Performance Max is a performance-based campaign type that helps you find more customers and meet your goals. To do this, Performance Max looks at campaign inputs like your budget and your product feed and then optimizes performance based on those inputs.
When you create a Performance Max campaign in Merchant Center, you provide the budget, campaign name, and country where your products are available.
If you want even more control over the campaign (such as bidding options), you can use Google Ads to edit the ad. Learn more about the features available for Performance Max in Google Ads
Before you can create campaigns in Merchant Center, there are a few steps you need to follow.
When you sign up for Merchant Center, you can select that you want to run paid ads for your products. You can also set up ads after you’ve signed up by selecting "Growth" in the left navigation menu, then "Manage programs" > "Shopping ads".
You can stop and resume setup at any point. Once you’ve started setup, ad campaigns will automatically be added to your list of pending tasks on the "Overview" page.
Set up the required information in Merchant Center:
- Add your business details.
- Complete your tax information (US only).
- Verify and claim your website to confirm it belongs to you.
- Set up your shipping settings.
- Add a feed with all of your product information.
Link a Google Ads account to your Merchant Center account. Someone with standard or admin access to the Google Ads account will need to approve the link request.
Set up a payment method in the Google Ads account to pay for your ads when you start running campaigns.
Review ad policies to ensure your business is a good fit for the program.
When you’re ready, start creating campaigns in Merchant Center.
After you successfully create a campaign, you can view performance data or edit your campaign by going to "Marketing" > "Ad campaigns".