Our goal is to provide the best user experience on Google. To ensure that the free listings we show to online shoppers are safe, secure, and comply with legal requirements, we maintain comprehensive enforcement of our policies. If we find the products you submitted do not comply with our policies, we will disapprove individual products or your entire Merchant Center account depending on the severity and frequency of the violation.
To find disapproved products, follow these steps:
- In your Merchant Center account, go to Products.
- Then, click Diagnostics.
- Go to the Item issues tab.
- Find the policy in the list of issues, for example, “Violation of Google policies”.
- Click View examples in the “Affected items” column to see a sample listing.
- To download a complete list (.csv) of all affected items, click the Download button at the end of the row.
Why does my product keep getting disapproved?
Occasionally, our automated process may disapprove products because they share terms or descriptions related to restricted products. For example, a squirt gun or printer cartridge might be flagged due to our policies around firearms. Learn more about our policies
To help resolve this issue, you may have an option on your product page to request a manual review of a product that has been automatically disapproved for policy violations (“REQUEST REVIEW” button in the “Item status” section).
If we review your product and determine that it should remain disapproved, you won’t be able to request manual reviews of other products in your account for 7 days.
Instructions to request a manual review of a disapproved product
In some instances, there will be an option in your Merchant Center account to request a manual review of an individual product that has been disapproved. If this option is available for a disapproved product, “REQUEST REVIEW” will be listed in the “Actions” column of the “Item status” section of the item’s overview page. Here’s how you can request a manual review:
- Find the item in the “All products” list under “Products” in your Merchant Center account.
- Click on the title of your product.
- In the "Item status" section, click REQUEST REVIEW.
- Review the applicable policies related to your product disapproval and then check the box that acknowledges that you reviewed the information.
- Select Request manual review.
It may take up to 3 business days to complete the manual review. Products that are approved will be eligible to serve within 24 hours. If we review your product and determine that it was correctly disapproved, you won’t be able to request manual reviews of other products in your account for 7 days.
In severe cases where multiple offers are in violation of the same policies, we'll suspend your Merchant Center account for policy violations. Learn more about free listings account suspensions