Using test data feeds
The test data feed option allows you to debug your data feed by uploading it to Merchant Center without making these items available in the search results. With a test data feed, you can upload your data feed in order to check and fix feed errors as many times as you want. Once you are happy with the feed processing results, you can upload the same file as a normal feed.
In the Feed Status page, you can review the test data feed errors and warnings. With each error and warning, you can view 5-10 examples of the issue.
In order to review a complete list of your test data feed processing errors and examples of each:
- Go to the Feeds tab.
- Click + DATA FEED and select Test as the feed mode during the registration process. Learn more about feed registration.
- Upload a data feed. Learn more about uploading a feed.
- Navigate to the feed Status by clicking the feed name.
- On the Status page, click the Download full report button on the right side of the page
- This will generate a CSV file with identifying information at the top of the file to identify the source of the errors, followed by a table with identifying information about the individual items and their feed errors and warnings.
Please note that the report will only be available for 14 days after you’ve uploaded your feed and will only detail up to 100,000 errors.