Google has determined that your site may be unsafe and has flagged it as such. As a result, users may be blocked from visiting the site on some browsers and Google Search results.
This issue may have occurred because your site has been hacked or compromised. As a precaution, your account has been suspended.
To resolve this issue, examine your site and ensure the safety of your domain. If you think you’ve been hacked, follow the recommendations from Web Fundamentals. You may request a re-review after resolving the issue in Search Console.
Step 1: Understand and fix the issue
Step 2: Submit your domain to Search Console
Step 3: Request a review
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Navigate to Account issues on the “Diagnostics” page.
- Locate the account-level issue that you would like to have reviewed.
- Make sure that there are in-stock products uploaded and all issues for the affected country of sale are resolved.
- Click Request review.
- Read the pop-up window to ensure that you understand the review process, and its requirements and limitations.
- Check the box and click Request review.
Note: Review requests can take up to 5 days to complete. You’ll receive an email notification once the review has been completed.
After the review is performed, if your account meets the product data requirements, your account will be reactivated.