Hangouts Meet hardware peripheral qualification program
The Hangouts Meet peripheral qualification program provides the infrastructure for customers to know their chosen peripherals have interoperability with their Hangouts Meet hardware. As part of the program, Google’s partner lab executes a set of published tests to ensure devices meet all requirements for interoperability. Approved devices are included on the Hangouts Meet qualified peripheral list.
Qualify a device
If you are a vendor or manufacturer interested in qualification please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before qualifying a device, a vendor must:
- Have a legitimate and long term interest in building peripherals for Hangouts Meet hardware.
- Sign Google’s Co-Development Agreement and a Hardware Support Agreement.
- Meet all test criteria set forth in the qualification specifications provided.
- Complete qualification testing with Google’s approved lab and receive a passing report.
- Integrate an open source firmware updater and associated tests into ChromeOS for cameras and speaker-microphones.
How to qualify my device
If you are a vendor or manufacturer and want to qualify a device you must do the following:
- Contact email@example.com and request qualification.
- Complete Google’s Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Google will schedules an initial conversation to discuss device qualification and provide test specification to you for review.
- Ship samples to Google for initial evaluation.
- Complete the peripheral qualification application form.
- Complete the Co-Development Agreement and Hardware Support Agreement.
- (Optional) Conduct pre-certification testing at an approved third party lab.
- Ship the device samples to an approved third party lab to be tested
- Google will return the test results to you.
- After you receive a passing report and satisfy all the requirements, the device is added to the Hangouts Meet qualified peripherals list.