Samsung Series 3 Chromebox for meetings end of life
The Samsung Series 3 Chromebox for meetings reached end of life. It will no longer receive Chrome OS updates or function as a Chromebox for meetings. The Chromebox end-of-life policy follows the Chrome OS autoupdate policy. See the complete schedule in Auto Update policy.
Are there more details?
The Hangouts Meet application will continue to run until M66 is released to other Chrome OS devices. The Hangouts Meet application shows a warning on the display screen that indicates that the Hangouts Meet application is no longer supported. When Chrome OS versions 67 and 68 are pushed to other devices, the Hangouts Meet application will no longer function.
- M65: final auto update for Samsung Series 3 Chromebox
- M66: warning displayed on Hangouts Meet application
- M67: warning displayed on Hangouts Meet application
- M68: Hangouts Meet application won't work on Samsung Series 3 Chromebox
Each Chrome OS release milestone can be mapped to a specific calendar month. The Samsung Series 3 Chromebox can be converted to a regular device running Chrome OS (not enrolled for Chromebox for meetings) and used as is.
How do I find out how many of these devices are in my organizational unit?
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device Management Google meeting room hardware.
To see Device Management, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
Some features may require having the Google meeting room hardware with Calendar privilege.
- Under Devices, click Add a filter.
- Select Device Model.
- Check Samsung Chromebox Series 3.
- Click Apply.
How do I keep using Hangouts Meet in my meeting room?
How is Hangouts Meet hardware different from Chromebox for meetings?
Hangouts Meet hardware has components and features to simplify deployments and enhance meetings. The Hangouts Meet hardware kit consists of a touchscreen controller, speakermic, 4K sensor camera, and Asus® Chromebox.
The upgraded Hangouts Meet hardware kit includes
- A touchscreen interface that allows you to present, record, join, and start a meeting in one tap
- An upgraded speakermic that includes enhanced echo cancellation and noise suppression
- The ability to connect multiple speakermics to cover large conference rooms
- Automatic software and firmware updates, self-diagnosis, and repair capabilities
- HDMI-in support for presenting from your own device
Where can I buy Hangouts Meet hardware?
What happens to my old software license?
How do I revoke the license for my old Chromebox for meetings?
How do I set up my Hangouts Meet hardware?
Do I have to buy any extra cables?
Any additional questions?