(Experimental) Turn on autozoom camera control
You can set the Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. The camera doesn't zoom in on individual speakers. Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact with meeting participants.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
- A Hangouts Meet hardware kit Chromebox and Huddly GO Camera.
- Use in small (3-5 people) meeting rooms.
- Position camera a maximum 11.5 ft (3.5m) from the farthest person.
- Have participants at eye level and facing the camera.
Before you begin
Connect all Hangouts Meet hardware peripherals, (camera, Chromebox for meetings, and touchscreen).
Turn on autozoom
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device Management Google meeting room hardware.
To see Device Management, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
Requires having the Google meeting room hardware custom role.
- Select the device you want to manage, click Hardware and OS check the Autozoom camera control box.
For information on using the camera during a meeting, see Use the Hangouts Meet touchscreen.