You can set the Google Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. The camera doesn't zoom in on individual speakers. Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact with meeting participants.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
Before you begin
- Autozoom requirements:
- A Google Meet hardware kit Chromebox and Huddly® GO Camera.
- Use in small (3–5 people) meeting rooms.
- Position camera a maximum 11.5 ft (3.5 m) from the farthest person.
- Have participants at eye level and facing the camera.
- Connect all Google Meet hardware peripherals (camera, Chromebox for meetings, and touchscreen).
Turn on autozoom
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesGoogle Meet hardware.
- Click the device you want to manage.
- In the Device settings section, click the Down arrow Edit .
- To turn on autozoom, click On .
For information on using the camera during a meeting, see Use the Google Meet touchscreen.