(Experimental) Turn on autozoom camera control
You can set the Hangouts Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. The camera doesn't zoom in on individual speakers. Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact with meeting participants.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
Before you begin
- Autozoom requirements:
- A Hangouts Meet hardware kit Chromebox and Huddly® GO Camera.
- Use in small (3–5 people) meeting rooms.
- Position camera a maximum 11.5 ft (3.5 m) from the farthest person.
- Have participants at eye level and facing the camera.
- Connect all Hangouts Meet hardware peripherals (camera, Chromebox for meetings, and touchscreen).
Turn on autozoom
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices Google meeting room hardware.
To see Devices, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click the device you want to manage.
- In the Device settings section, click the Down arrow Edit .
- To turn on autozoom, click On .
For information on using the camera during a meeting, see Use the Hangouts Meet touchscreen.