Enroll your device
Enrolling your Google meeting room hardware device adds it to your organization's domain name. Any user in your domain can enroll a device.
If your device was previously enrolled, you can wipe the device to return it to its original (factory) state and then enroll it again. For details, see Wipe Chrome device data.
Before you begin
- Verify your organization’s domain name and make sure you have enough device licenses. For details, see Verify your organization's domain.
- Decide if you want to use single sign-on (SSO) for any devices. For details, see Configure SAML single sign-on for Chrome devices.
Enroll a device
- Turn on your device.
- Connect a USB keyboard to the Chromebox for meetings.
If you connect a USB keyboard to the Hangouts Meet hardware, the virtual keyboard will not appear on the touchscreen.
- Complete the on-screen setup to select your language, keyboard layout, time zone, and network. If these fields do not appear, press Ctrl+Alt+H to put the device in Chromebox for meetings mode.
- (Optional) To customize setup options:
- To customize accessibility options for the setup process, select Accessibility and choose your options.
- To allow your device to send information to Google, select Send usage and crash information to Google. For details, see Anonymous metric reporting in Change settings for all devices.
- To use hardware security features, select System security setting. For details on the features, see About the secure module .
- Read and accept the Chrome OS Terms of Service.
- Sign in with your G Suite email address and password.
- When enrollment is complete, click Done.
- When the Hangouts Meet hardware screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to test your camera, microphone, and speaker.
Tip: If you can’t see video or hear audio during the test, make sure your camera, microphone, and any speakers are connected. It might help to unplug the cables and plug them in again.