Install and enroll your devices
After you successfully complete the prerequisites described in this guide, install and enroll your Google meeting room hardware. Physical installation is followed by a quick online enrollment process that adds the device to your network.
Install and enroll your device
You can install and enroll your device after your domain is verified and your device licenses are provisioned.
- Before you install your devices, make sure the following are complete:
- Set up your device:
- Troubleshoot problems encountered during enrollment. For example:
- If you haven’t previously changed your temporary password, Stop! Log in to the Google admin console to change your temporary password AND verify your network domain. Although you can change your password on the device, you’ll still get an error if you did not previously verify your network domain. Do that now before you proceed.
- Verify your domain. A network error will occur if your organization's domain was not verified with Google.
- Verify that your device licenses were provisioned.
- If you did not sign up for a G Suite trial, consider doing so now. G Suite allows you to schedule meetings and rooms, screenshare wirelessly, join from laptops, computers or phones. If not, skip the short URL. It only applies if you have G Suite (and Calendar).
- (Optional) Install the Microsoft Outlook® Plugin for Windows to add video calls to Outlook meetings.
If you have problems enrolling your device, refer to the following topics.
If you did not log in to the Google admin console to change your temporary password, that also means you have not yet accepted the Google terms of service (ToS) or registered your network domain with Google. Although you can change the password on the device, you’ll still get errors for the other requirements. Complete the requirements now.
If you attempt to enroll devices before verifying your network domain, the error "network communication error related to authentication " appears. Do this now.
It may take up to 4 hours after domain verification for the device licenses to be provisioned and added to your account. Until then, an error will appear saying you do not have enough licenses on your domain to enroll the device. Wait for the licenses to be provisioned and try again.