Important: Noise cancellation is not yet available in South Africa, UAE, and the immediately surrounding areas.
To help limit distractions in your Google Meet meeting, you can filter out background noise. Meet can remove background noises such as typing, closing a door, room echo, or the sounds of a nearby construction site.
- Audio capture from screen sharing won’t be affected by noise cancellation.
- Meet filters out noises that don’t sound like voices. Voices from TV or people talking at the same time won’t be filtered out.
- If non-speech is an important part of your call, like playing musical instruments, turn off noise cancellation.
What you need
Important: Pixel 4 and up phone users always have access to noise cancellation regardless of their Google Workspace edition. On Pixel phones, noise cancellation is device-based instead of cloud-based and is off by default for personal Google accounts.
Requirements to use noise cancellation
Noise Cancellation is available on desktop/laptop, Android, and iOS for these Google Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
- Google One Subscribers with 2TB or more storage space
Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Frontline, Enterprise Plus, Workspace Individual Subscriber, and Google One Subscribers with 2TB or more storage space: Noise cancellation is on by default.
Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts: Noise cancellation is off by default.
For all Workspace accounts: If the settings is on by default for your organization in a meeting with other people outside of your organization, they can also use this feature during that meeting.
Turn on noise cancellation
Noise cancellation is on by default but can be turned on or off during a meeting.
In a meeting
- Tap the screen tap More
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Noise cancellation.