Important: Noise cancellation is not yet available in South Africa, UAE, and the immediately surrounding areas.
To help limit distractions in your video call, you can filter out background noise. Meet can remove background noises such as typing, closing a door, or the sounds of a nearby construction site.
- Audio capture from screen sharing won’t be affected by noise cancelling.
- Meet filters out noises that don’t sound like voices. Voices from TV or people talking at the same time won’t be filtered out.
- If non-speech is an important part of your call, like playing musical instruments, turn off noise cancellation.
What you need
Noise Cancellation is available on desktop/laptop, Android, and iOS for these Google Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Workspace Individual Subscriber accounts: Noise cancellation is on by default.
Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts: Noise cancellation is off by default.
For all Workspace accounts: If you turn Noise cancellation on or off in a meeting, the setting is saved for future meetings.
Turn on noise cancellation
Noise cancellation is off by default but can be turned on or off during a video call.
In a video call
- Tap the screen tap More
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Noise cancellation.