- Noise cancellation is not yet available in South Africa, UAE, and the immediately surrounding areas.
- We recommend you turn off noise cancellation in Meet if you use an electrolarynx. Accessibility improvements are in progress in Meet.
- Noise cancellation is on by default for Pexip devices. To disable noise cancellation, refer to Pexip technical documentation.
- If noise cancellation is on for your organization, it's also on for participants who dial in or use a phone for audio. Learn how to use a phone for audio in a video meeting.
- It's not available when you dial out to add a phone participant to a meeting in progress.
To help limit distractions in your meeting, you can filter out background noise. Meet can remove background noises such as typing, closing a door, room echo, or the sounds of a nearby construction site.
- Audio capture from screen sharing won’t be affected by noise cancellation.
- Meet filters out noises that don’t sound like voices. Voices from TV or people talking at the same time won’t be filtered out.
- If non-speech is an important part of your meeting, like playing musical instruments, turn off noise cancellation.
- Meet adjusts the audio so everyone is heard at a comfortable volume.
Requirements to use device-based noise cancellation
Important: Device-based noise cancellation is available for all Workspace and non-Workspace users on most Android phones.You can use device-based noise cancellation with these Android phones:
- Pixel 4 and up
- Samsung S series: S10 and up
- Samsung A series: A02 and up
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 and up
- Xiaomi Note 5 and up
- Oneplus Nord AC2001 and up
- Realme 5 Pro, 6, and up
- Vivo Y15 and up
Noise cancellation in Google Meet may switch between device and cloud to optimize performance.
For Apple users, consult their website for your device's denoising capabilities.
Requirements to use cloud-based noise cancellation
Cloud-based noise Cancellation is available on desktop/laptop, Android, and iOS for certain Google Workspace editions.You can use cloud-based noise cancellation with these workspace editions:
- Business Starter
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Fundamentals
- Education Standard
- Education Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
- Google One Subscribers with 2TB or more storage space
Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Frontline, Workspace Individual Subscriber, and Google One Subscribers with 2TB or more storage space: Noise cancellation is on by default.
Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Education Standard, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts: Noise cancellation is off by default.
For all Workspace accounts: If the settings is on by default for your organization in a meeting with other people outside of your organization, they can also use this feature during that meeting.
Turn on noise cancellation
Noise cancellation can be turned on or off during a meeting.
In a meeting
- Tap the screen tap More
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Noise cancellation.