You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting. While you present, you can share information such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets and more.
Tip: Allow notifications. They tell you when your screen is visible.
What you can present
- New employee training
- Project ideas for new clients
- Meeting notes, projects, road maps, research
- Proposal edits
- Classes or conferences that can’t be attended in person
Tip for G Suite users: Learn how to hold large remote events for up to 250 people.
Share and present during a video meeting
Present during a meeting
- Join a video meeting.
- At the bottom-right corner, select Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window or Chrome tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, at the bottom of your screen, select 'Change source'.
- Select the content that you'd like to share.
- Select Share.
- If someone is presenting, confirm that you want to present instead.
If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- In the Meet window, click Stop Presenting.
- At the bottom-right corner, you can also click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom-right corner, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen or A window.
- Select Present instead.
If another participant presents their screen, you'll get a notification that your presentation is still visible to others. You can click the buttons in the notification to end or resume your presentation.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.