Record a video meeting
This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. For details, see Compare G Suite editions.
You can record video meetings for other people to watch later if you’re the meeting organizer or in the organizer's domain.
When you record a video meeting:
- Recordings include the main window and participant filmstrip, including the active speaker and presented documents. Other windows or notifications are not included. Pinning a participant won’t affect who is shown in the recording.
- Recordings are saved in the Google Drive of the meeting organizer and in the Calendar event. Also, the meeting organizer gets an email with the recording link.
- People outside your organization, mobile app users, and people who dial in using a phone get notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control the recording.
- Record team presentations and share them afterwards with co-workers.
- Record training materials and make them available on demand to students and new employees.
- Record conferences that people can’t physically attend.
Start and stop a recording
- Open Meet and start or join a video meeting.
- Click More Record meeting.
- Wait for the recording to start.
Other participants are notified when the recording starts or stops.
- Click More Stop recording when you finish.
- The recording also stops when everyone leaves the meeting.
- Click Stop recording again to verify.
- Wait 10 or more minutes for the recording file to be generated and saved to the organizer’s My Drive > Meet Recordings folder. An email with the recording link is also sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
Note: This feature is only available for the desktop version. Mobile app users get notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control the recording.
Play, share, download, or save a recording
In Google Drive
Recordings save to the event organizer’s Google Drive folder (My Drive > Meet Recordings folder). However, if the organizer changes or the meeting occurs outside of the calendar event, the meeting link is sent to the original event creator.
- Open Drive and double-click a recording file to play it.
- Select an option:
- To share a recording, select the file and click Share . Or, click Link and paste the link in an email or chat message.
- To download a recording, select the file and click More Download .
- To add a recording to My Drive, select the file and click Add to My Drive .
An email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
- Click the link in the email.
- Wait for the recording to open.
- Select an option:
- To play the recording, click Play .
- To share the recording, click More Share . Enter user names or email addresses and click Done.
Note:: You can also copy and share a link.
- To download the file, click Download .
- To add the recording to the current folder, click Add to My Drive .
In the Calendar event
The recording is automatically linked in the meeting’s Calendar event if the recording starts and stops during the scheduled meeting time. Calendar invitees in the same domain as the meeting organizer are automatically granted access to the recording.