Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
Add people during a video meeting
While in the meeting, you can invite others to join. For meetings organized through personal Google accounts, only the meeting organizer can admit participants.
- Google Workspace users: To admit someone who isn’t in your organization, someone from within your organization must admit the invited participant.
- Open the Meet app and join a video meeting.
- On the top left, tap the meeting name.
- On the "People" tab, to send the meeting details to other participants, tap Share joining info .
Remove people during a video meeting
- At the top left, tap the meeting name or meeting code.
- Next to the participant you want to remove, tap Actions .
- Tap Remove .
- On the box that opens, select one or more of the following options:
- To just remove a participant, select Remove.
- To remove and mark a participant as abusive, select Fill out an abuse report.
- To make sure a participant doesn’t rejoin the same meeting, select Block.
- Important: If you block a user, they are only blocked from the current meeting or concurrent meetings which use the same meeting code. They can still join other meetings you host. To allow users to rejoin a meeting they are blocked from, they must be manually re-invited from within the meeting.
End meeting for all
- Workspace hosts with Quick access can keep it on or off when they end a meeting for everyone. When the same meeting link is used to restart the meeting, the meeting host can turn on Quick access if they want.
- Participants can access the meeting link for a meeting that has ended, but can't join until the meeting host restarts the meeting. The meeting will automatically restart once the host re-joins. If a host ends a meeting with Quick Access on, participants can re-join the meeting even without the host
- To make sure students can't access the end-meeting feature to start or end meetings, admins can turn off the "Create a meeting" setting for students.
- By default, when a meeting created from Classroom ends, Quick access is automatically turned off.
- Some Workspace admins on certain Workspace editions can end a meeting with the Security Investigation Tool. Learn how to use the investigation tool.
- Create a new meeting each time you want to meet with a different group of participants. When you restart an ended meeting, all previous participants can join.
To End a meeting for all:
- On the bottom of your screen, tap Leave call .
- On the menu that appears, tap End meeting for all.
Control access to a video meeting with Quick access
When Quick access is on:
When Quick access is off:
Quick access is turned on by default for all meetings where host management is turned on. Workspace Admins can set the default to on or off. After you start a video meeting, you can change the Quick access setting as often as you need.
- If you turn Quick access on or off in recurring meetings or meetings that re-use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for future meetings. If you turn Quick access on or off in a one-time, nicknamed, or instant meeting, the setting will return to on after the meeting ends.
- For meetings created from Google Calendar, invited participants can join anytime between 15 minutes before the scheduled time and the end of the meeting. Otherwise, participants will need to knock to join the meeting.
To turn Quick access on or off
- In a meeting, tap the screen Menu .
- Tap Host controls turn Quick access On or Off.