Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
Add people to a video meeting in progress
Schedule video calls and invite guests using Calendar
You can invite people and remove people during a video meeting. You can invite people outside of your organization who haven’t already been added to a Calendar event. Someone from your organization must first allow them to attend the meeting. For meetings organized through your personal Google account, only the moderator can in-call invite or admit participants into the meeting.
Choose an option:
- On the right, click People Add people .
- Enter the name or email address Send invite.
- In the bottom left corner, click the meeting name.
- Click Copy joining info .
- Paste the meeting details into an email, or other app, and send it to the person.
Add people to a video meeting by phone
Important: This feature is currently available for Meetings organized by Google Workspace users.
Joining via phone is supported from specific countries and regions for free calls to the U.S. and Canada. Go to Supported countries and regions.
You can add someone by phone to a Google Meet video meeting in certain countries and regions.
- After you join the meeting, at the top right, click People to expand the side panel.
- Click Add people .
- Click Call.
- Select the country you’re calling to add the country code to the call.
- Enter the phone number for the person that you want to call and click Call .
- Optional: To enter additional numbers, such as an extension, click Dial to open the keypad.
The person joins the meeting when they answer the phone.
Tip: People who manually dial in using the phone number need to enter the meeting PIN.
Supported countries and regions
For a complete list of countries and regions, see Supported countries for adding guests by phone.
Bulk admit participants to a video call
You can bulk admit participants and students into a video call. Only the meeting organizer can see or approve requests to join a meeting. The meeting organizer should stay in the meeting to approve requests.
- Click Admit or Deny entry, when a request to join the video call appears in the window.
- Click View all when you have multiple participants waiting to join the meeting. Choose an option:
- Next to the name, click Admit or Deny entry to admit or deny participants one at a time.
- Click Admit all or Deny all to admit or deny all participants at the same time.
Remove people during a video meeting
Important: You need to be in the same organization as the meeting organizer to remove someone from a video meeting.
- On the right, go to People .
- Point to the person, and then click Back arrow .
- Click Remove .
For meetings organized through your personal Google account, only the meeting moderator can remove people from a video meeting.
G Suite for Education users: Participants (both in-domain and out of domain) who are removed from the meeting can't request access to re-join the meeting. If a participant's requests to join a meeting are denied twice, they won't be able to request to join the meeting again. In these cases, the meeting organizer can manually invite them back into the meeting.
Disconnect a phone participant in a video meeting
- Click People to expand the side panel.
- Select the phone number, click the Down arrow End call .
G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education users
Control access to a video meeting
As the meeting organizer, you can use Quick access to decide if participants must ask to join the video meeting.
When Quick access is on:
When Quick access is off:
Quick access is turned on by default. After you start a video meeting, you can change the setting as often as you need using Meet on a computer. The setting only applies to the video meeting you're in. If the video meeting is part of a repeating Calendar event, changing the setting doesn't affect future events in the series.
To turn Quick access on or off:
- In the meeting, at the bottom, click Host controls .
- Next to Quick access, click the switch On or Off .