Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
Add people during a video meeting
While in the meeting, you can invite others to join. For meetings organized through personal Google accounts, only the meeting organizer can admit participants.
- Google Workspace users: To admit someone who isn’t in your organization, someone from within your organization must admit the invited participant.
- Open the Meet app and join a meeting.
- On the top left, tap the meeting name.
- On the "People" tab, to send the meeting details to other participants, tap Share joining info .
Remove people during a video meeting
- At the top left, tap the meeting name or meeting code.
- Next to the participant you want to remove, tap Actions .
- Tap Remove .
- On the box that opens, select one or more of the following options:
- To just remove a participant, select Remove.
- To remove and mark a participant as abusive, select Fill out an abuse report.
- To make sure a participant doesn’t rejoin the same meeting, select Block.
- Important: If you block a user, they are only blocked from the current meeting or concurrent meetings which use the same meeting code. They can still join other meetings you host. To allow users to rejoin a meeting they are blocked from, they must be manually re-invited from within the meeting.
Google Workspace for Education users: If a participant’s requests to join a meeting are denied twice, they won't be able to request to join the meeting again. In these cases, the meeting organizer can manually invite them back into the meeting.