Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
Add people during a video meeting
While in the meeting, you can invite others to join. For meetings organized through personal Google accounts, only the meeting organizer can admit participants.
- Google Workspace users: To admit someone who isn’t in your organization, someone from within your organization must admit the invited participant.
- Open the Meet app and join a meeting.
- On the top left, tap the meeting name.
- On the "People" tab, to send the meeting details to other participants, tap Share joining info .
Remove people during a video meeting
- At the top left, tap the meeting name or meeting code.
- Next to the participant you want to remove, tap Actions .
- Tap Remove .
- On the box that opens, select one or more of the following options:
- To just remove a participant, select Remove.
- To remove and mark a participant as abusive, select Fill out an abuse report.
- To make sure a participant doesn’t rejoin the same meeting, select Block.
- Important: If you block a user, they are only blocked from the current meeting or concurrent meetings which use the same meeting code. They can still join other meetings you host. To allow users to rejoin a meeting they are blocked from, they must be manually re-invited from within the meeting.
Google Workspace for Education users: If a participant’s requests to join a meeting are denied twice, they won't be able to request to join the meeting again. In these cases, the meeting organizer can manually invite them back into the meeting.
Control access to a video meeting with Quick access
- Quick access is available with the following Google Workspace editions: G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Frontline, and all Workspace for Education editions.
- Host Management must be turned on to use Quick access.
When Quick access is on:
When Quick access is off:
Quick access is turned on by default for all meetings where host management is turned on. Workspace Admins can set the default to on or off. After you start a video meeting, you can change the Quick access setting as often as you need.
- If you turn Quick access on or off in recurring meetings or meetings that re-use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for future meetings. If you turn Quick access on or off in a one-time, nicknamed, or instant meeting, the setting will return to on after the meeting ends.
- For meetings created from Google Calendar, invited participants can join anytime between 15 minutes before the scheduled time and the end of the meeting. Otherwise, participants will need to knock to join the meeting.
To turn Quick access on or off
- In a meeting, tap the screen Menu .
- Tap Host controls turn Quick access On or Off.