You can turn captions on to view subtitles as everyone speaks during a video call.
You can use captions in English. If you're in the Asia Pacific or EMEA regions, you can use captions in: English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain).
Tip: If you record a video call, captions are not recorded and won’t appear when the recording plays.
Turn captions on or off
- On your computer, go to Google Meet.
- Join a video call.
- At the bottom, click Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the language
- At the bottom of the video call screen, click Menu Captions .
- Choose a language Apply.
- Captions stay on for all future video calls, until you turn them off.
- The language you choose is set to default, until you change it again.