You can turn captions on to view subtitles as everyone speaks during a video call.
You can use captions in English in all locations.
- If you're in the Asia Pacific or European regions, you can use captions in: English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain).
- If you're in North America or Latin America, you can use captions in: German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico).
Tip: If you record a call, captions will not appear on the recording.
Turn captions on or off
- On your computer, go to Google Meet.
- Join a video call.
- At the bottom, click Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the language
- At the bottom of the video call screen, click Menu Captions .
- Choose a language Apply.
Important: The language you select becomes the default until you change it.