You can turn captions on to view subtitles as everyone speaks during a meeting.
You can use captions in:
- Dutch (beta)
- Italian (beta)
- Japanese (beta)
- Korean (beta)
- Mandarin (Traditional) (coming soon)
- Portuguese (beta)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Russian (beta)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Tip: If you record a call, captions will not appear on the recording.
Turn captions on or off
- Open the Meet app .
- Join a meeting.
- On the bottom right, tap More .
- Tap Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the caption language
- At the bottom, tap Menu Settings.
- Under “Captions,” tap Language.
- Choose a language Save.
Important: The language you select becomes the default until you change it.