Add someone by phone to a video meeting
This feature is supported from specific countries for free calls to the U.S. and Canada (see Dial-out supported countries).
People in the same domain as the event organizer can invite others to join a video meeting by phone. Phone participants count toward a meeting’s user limit, and any regular call charges apply.
If the phone participant is in the organizer’s corporate directory, you’ll see their name in the meeting. Otherwise, a partial phone number is displayed. You should always verify that the person you add is the correct participant. If a participant hangs up, they can't rejoin by calling the number they see on their phone. The number is a random number assigned by Hangouts Meet.
Add phone participant to a meeting
- After you join the meeting, at the top right, click People to expand the side panel.
- Click Add people .
- Click Call.
- Select the country you’re calling to add the country code to the call.
- Enter the phone number for the person that you want to call and click Call .
- (Optional) To enter additional numbers, such as an extension, click Dial to open the keypad.
The person joins the meeting when they answer the phone.
Disconnect a phone participant
- Click People to expand the side panel.
- Select the phone number, click the Down arrow End call .
- Add guests to a Google meeting room hardware video call
- Join a video meeting
- Invite people to an existing meeting
- Dial in for audio-only access
- Dial-out supported countries
This feature is currently supported from certain countries for calls to the U.S. and Canada. Calls to other countries are not yet supported. See Dial-out supported countries for a complete list.