Record a meeting
This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. Compare editions
You can record video meetings for other people to watch later if you are the meeting organizer or in the organizer's domain.
Recordings are saved in the Google Drive of the meeting organizer and in the Calendar event. Also, the meeting organizer gets an email with the recording link.
Recordings include the main window and participant filmstrip, including the active speaker and presented documents. Other windows or notifications are not included.
- People outside your organization, mobile app users, and people who dial in using a phone get notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control the recording.
- Free G Suite Enterprise for Education edition licenses are not eligible to record meetings. Compare G Suite for Education vs. G Suite Enterprise for Education.
Start and stop a recording
- Start or join a video meeting.
- Click More Record meeting.
- Wait for the recording to start.
Other participants are notified when the recording starts or stops.
- Click More Stop recording when you finish.
- The recording also stops when everyone leaves the meeting.
- Click Stop recording again to verify.
- Wait 10 or more minutes for the recording file to be generated and saved to the organizer’s My Drive > Meet Recordings folder. An email with the recording link is also sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
Play, share, download or save a recording
In Google Drive
Recordings save to the organizer’s Google Drive folder (My Drive > Meet Recordings folder). However, if the event organizer changes or the meeting occurs outside of the calendar event, the meeting link is sent to the original event creator.
Double-click a recording file to play or share it.
An email with the recording link is also sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording. Click the link to play or share the recording.
- Click the link in the email.
- Wait for the recording to open.
- Select an option:
- Click Play to play the recording.
- Click More Share . Enter user names or email addresses and click Done. You can also copy and share a link.
- Click Add to My Drive to add the recording to this folder.
In the Calendar event
The recording is automatically linked in the meeting’s Calendar event. Participants in the same domain as the meeting organizer are automatically granted access to the recording.