To mute, pin or remove the person, tap the People tab, and select a participant.
For education accounts
The following people can mute or remove video meeting participants:
- Meeting creator
- Calendar event owner
- Person who sets up a meeting on an in-room hardware device
Important: Participants (both in-domain and out of domain) who are removed from the meeting can't request access to rejoin the meeting. If a participant's requests to join a meeting are denied twice, they won't be able to request to join the meeting again. In these cases, the meeting organiser can manually invite them back into the meeting.
Learn how to set up Meet for distance learning.
- Rotate your iPhone to landscape mode.
- Tap a participant’s image to go to more controls, such as Mute , Pin or Remove .
Participants are pinned in your view only.
- Swipe your image up or down to hide or show the thumbnails (filmstrip) or to move the filmstrip on your screen.
- Swipe another person’s image up or down to scroll through the participant list.
Remove a participant
Meetings organised through a G Suite account: A participant from the domain that organised the video meeting can remove another participant, if necessary.
Meetings organised through a personal Google account: Only the event moderator can remotely remove another participant.
- In a video meeting, tap the People tab, tap the person's name, and tap Remove .
- You can also rotate your phone to landscape mode, swipe to scroll through the list, tap the person’s image and tap Remove .
Mute a participant’s microphone
If you get feedback or background noise in a video meeting, you might want to mute other people’s microphones. For meetings organised through a personal account, only the meeting moderator can mute other participants.
- To mute other people, on the People tab, select the person and tap Mute .
- You can also rotate your phone to landscape mode, swipe to scroll through the list, tap the person’s image and tap Mute .
Tip: For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio. To mute or unmute yourself, tap Mute . Phone participants can press *6 to unmute their phone. Any participant can mute. People who dial in by phone can also mute. For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio.
Important: Applicable for meetings organised by G Suite users only.
- Phone participants always press *6 to mute or unmute their phone.
- If someone else mutes you, you can only unmute using *6.