Select a participant from the "People" tab to mute or pin them.
Pin up to 3 things in Google Meet
- You can't pin things in companion mode. Learn more about companion mode.
- You can only pin things when you join with full audio and video.
- If you use a sign language interpreter, pin the presentation and interpreter at the same time.
- You can pin a participant, presentation, or up to 3 items in Google Meet.
- Meeting participants or presentations:
- Hover over a tile you want to pin.
- Click Pin .
- Participants or presentations not on the layout:
- At the bottom right, click the People panel .
- Next to the meeting participant or presentation you want to pin, click Pin .
When you pin the maximum number of participants and presentations, a prompt appears to notify you.
Optional: To unpin a participant or presentation:
- Hover over the tile you want to unpin.
- Click Unpin .
Pin from Google Meet Hardware
- Your meeting room: Next to the room, click Pin .
- Participants, presentations, or rooms: Next to the meeting participant, presentation, or room, click Menu Pin .
Tip: If 3 items are already pinned, the option to pin is grayed out on additional tiles.
To unpin, click Menu Unpin .
Mute a participant’s microphone
If there is feedback or background noise in a meeting, you may want to mute other participant’s microphones.
Tip: The following applies when Host Management is turned off. When Host Management is on, only the the main host and co-hosts can mute other participants.
For meetings organized through a personal account, only the meeting moderator can mute other participants.
For meetings organized through a Google Workspace account, a participant from the domain that organized the meeting can mute another participant, if necessary.For meetings organized through an Education account, only meeting creators, calendar event owners, or people who set up a meeting in an in-room hardware device can mute other participants.
- Point to a person’s image > click Mute .
- At the bottom right, click People .
- Next to a participant's name, click Mute .
Tip: For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio. To mute or unmute yourself, click Mute .
Mute all participants
Important: Host Management must be turned on to Mute all participants.
Meeting creators and calendar event owners can mute all participants at the same time. Participants can unmute themselves after they’ve been muted.
- At the bottom right, click People Mute all .
For paid Google Workspace editions only.
- Phone participants always press *6 to mute or unmute their phone.
- If someone else mutes you, you can only unmute using *6.
Turn off video feed from other participantsEligibility
- Business Starter
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Education Fundamentals
- Education Standard
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Essentials Starter
- Google One Subscribers with 2TB or more storage space
- Teaching & Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Individual
You can focus your meeting view to just the presenter or hide participants with video feeds you find distracting.
Important: This only impacts your view.
- In a Google Meet meeting, open the People panel .
- On a participant, click More options .
- Click Don't watch .
Tip: To turn the video back on, click Start Watching .