Allow notifications from Meet, Chat, and classic Hangouts
To receive notifications from Meet, Chat, and classic Hangouts, your browser settings must allow notifications.
By default, Chrome alerts you whenever a website, app, or extension wants to send you notifications. You can change this setting at any time.
If you’re browsing in Incognito mode, you won’t get notifications.
If you turned off notifications for Hangouts, you can turn them back on.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Select the Hangouts entry and click More Allow. For example:
- Hangouts Meet—https://meet.google.com:443
- Classic Hangouts—https://hangouts.google.com:443
- Hangouts Chat—https://chat.google.com:443
See also Change site permissions.
Other web browsers
If you're using a product that supports additional web browsers, such as Chat, you must turn on notifications for that product in your browser. Each browser requires different steps for turning on notifications; see the online help for your browser for more information.