Allow notifications from Hangouts
How notifications work
By default, Chrome alerts you whenever a website, app, or extension wants to send you notifications. You can change this setting at any time.
If you’re browsing in Incognito mode, you won’t get notifications.
Chrome web browser
If you turned off notifications for Hangouts, you can turn them back on.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
- Under "Notifications," click Manage exceptions.
- Under Hostname Pattern, select the Hangouts entry. For example:
- Hangouts Meet—https://meet.google.com:443
- Classic Hangouts—https://hangouts.google.com:44
- Hangouts Chat—https://chat.google.com:443 or https://dynamite.sandbox.google.com:443
- Under "Behavior," select Allow.
- Click Done and then Done.
You can also remove exceptions you don't want any more. Point to the site or domain, and then click Remove Done.