Meet system requirements on your computer
To use Meet, your computer must follow these requirements:Supported operating systems
Meet supports the current version and the 2 previous major releases of these operating systems:
- Ubuntu® and other Debian-based Linux® distributions
Meet works with the current version and 1 previous major release of the browsers listed below:
- Broadband connection to the Internet
- A built-in web camera or external USB camera.
Note: Other devices, such as virtual cameras, may not work with Meet.
- A quad-core processor or higher is required to support HD video. Learn more
The bandwidth used by Meet is adaptive and varies to provide the best experience on participants’ network.
Minimum bandwidth required
- Outbound from the participant: 300 kbps
- Inbound to the participant: 300 kbps
- Two-person video calls:
- Outbound from the participant: 3.2 mbps
- Inbound to the participant: 2.6 mbps
- Group video calls:
- Outbound from the participant in all situations: 3.2 mbps
- Inbound to the participant with 6 or more participants: 3.4 mbps
If your computer meets the requirements, but you're still experiencing trouble with video calls, try these troubleshooting steps.
Video calls can have a maximum number of participants depending on the G Suite edition for your organization. Learn more