Join a video meeting
There are several ways to join a Hangouts Meet video meeting. You can:
- Join from a Google Calendar event.
- Click or tap the link to the meeting.
- Dial in from a phone.
- Join on an Apple® iPhone® or iPad® from the lock screen or using 3D Touch®.
Note: If you weren't included in another organization's calendar event, or if you're not signed in to your G Suite account, a participant from that organization must approve your request to join.
- In the Google Calendar app, open the event.
- To join the meeting, tap Join video call.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Swipe up from the bottom to view your scheduled meetings.
- Select a meeting from the list and tap Join.
Note: If you join using the mobile app and are the 6th participant or later, you're automatically be muted.
A meeting participant can send you the joining information for the video meeting in a text or email.
To join a video meeting using the link:
- In the message, tap the meeting link.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to join.
Every Meet video meeting has a unique code that you can use to join the meeting. The meeting code is a series of characters, such as abc-defg-hjk. You can get the meeting code from the joining information that was sent to you or at the end of the meeting link.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app tap Add .
- Enter the meeting code.
Note: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- Tap Go.
- (Optional) Depending on whether you're joining from a different organization or signed in to a G Suite account, choose an option:
- Select Ask to Join.
- Enter your name and tap Ask to join.
If the meeting's joining information includes a phone number, you can dial it and join with audio-only access.
Before joining a meeting using a phone, consider that:
- If you're in the organizer's corporate directory, your name is shown in the meeting. Otherwise, only your partial phone number is displayed.
- Anyone can join using the number, even if they're in a different organization or have a different G Suite edition.
- Dial-in participants count toward the maximum meeting limit.
- Regular call charges apply.
Join a meeting using a phone number
- Open the Meet app.
- Swipe up from the bottom to see your scheduled meetings.
- Tap the meeting.
- Tap the phone number.
The PIN autopopulates.
- (Optional) If the meeting was created by a G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education user, tap More phone numbers for additional international phone numbers based on your mobile device’s location or the location of the event organizer. If your country is not yet supported, then the next best alternative is shown.
Mute or unmute your phone
To mute or unmute your phone, press *6. Your phone can also be muted:
- By another participant in the meeting.
(You're notified if someone mutes you.)
- If your phone's volume is at the lowest level.
- If you join the meeting as the 10th participant or later.