Join a video meeting
There are several ways to join a Hangouts Meet video meeting. You can:
- Join from a Google Calendar event.
- Click or tap the link to the meeting.
- Dial in from a phone.
- Join on an Apple® iPhone® or iPad® from the lock screen or using 3D Touch®.
Note: If you weren't included in another organization's calendar event, or if you're not signed in to your G Suite account, a participant from that organization must approve your request to join.
Join from a calendar event
- In Calendar, click the event you want to join.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet.
- Click Join Meeting.
If your G Suite administrator allows it, you can also join from a Microsoft® Outlook® calendar event. For details, see Set up interoperability.
Join a scheduled meeting from Meet
- In a web browser, go to meet.google.com.
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events.
- Click Join meeting.
Note: If you join on the web and are the 6th participant or later, you'll automatically be muted.
Click the meeting link
A meeting participant can send you the joining information for the video meeting in a text or email.
To join a video meeting using the link:
- In the message, click the meeting link.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to join.
Enter the meeting code
Every Meet video meeting has a unique code that you can use to join from a web browser or Google meeting room hardware device.
The meeting code is a series of characters, such as abc-defg-hjk. You can get the meeting code from the joining information that was sent to you.
- In a web browser, go to meet.google.com click Use a meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code.
Note: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- Click Continue Join Meeting.
- (Optional) Depending on whether you're joining from a different organization or signed in to your G Suite account, select an option:
- Join Meeting
- Ask to Join Meeting
Dial in using a phone
- If you're in the organizer's corporate directory, your name is shown in the meeting. Otherwise, only your partial phone number is displayed.
- Anyone can join using the number, even if they're in a different organization or have a different G Suite edition.
- Dial-in participants count toward the maximum meeting limit.
- Regular call charges apply.
Join a meeting using a phone number
- Open the Calendar event or meeting invitation.
- On your phone, dial the phone number.
- Enter the PIN and press #.
- (Optional) If the meeting was created by a G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education user, click More phone numbers for additional international phone numbers based on your computer’s location or the location of the event organizer. If your country is not yet supported, then the next best alternative is shown.
Mute or unmute your phone
To mute or unmute your phone, press *6. Your phone can also be muted:
- By another participant in the meeting.
(You're notified if someone mutes you.)
- If your phone's volume is at the lowest level.
- If you join the meeting as the 10th participant or later.