Start a new video meeting
Start a meeting from a browser, a mobile phone, or create a Google Calendar event that includes a video meeting link.
To start meetings, you must be signed in to a G Suite account and your administrator must also turn on Meet for your organization. Anyone inside or outside your organization can join by selecting the link or entering the meeting ID. The maximum number of participants is based on your G Suite edition.
You can meet with up to 100 (G Suite Basic, Education), 150 (Business) or 250 (G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education) people at a time.
Uninvited guests outside your organization must be approved by a meeting participant in your organization, including users who aren’t signed in to a G Suite account.
Schedule a meeting in Google Calendar
All new calendar events you create include a meeting link if there is at least one invited guest or Calendar resource (such as a meeting room).
A phone number is included if the dial-in feature is enabled by your administrator.
- Go to Calendar and create an event. Learn more
- In the Guests field, add guests from inside or outside your organization.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who wasn't invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
- (Optional) Add attachments, which are included in the meeting.
For details, see Add attachments to your events and View meeting details.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to add the meeting link and notify guests.
Note: All-day events don’t automatically include a video meeting. To add one, click Add Conferencing and select Hangouts Meet.
Use a code in multiple events
You might want to schedule multiple Calendar events with the same Hangouts Meet conference details if participants from different Calendar events should join the same conference.
To use a Meet video code in multiple Calendar events, copy an existing meeting URL from one event to another.
- In Google Calendar, open an event that has a conference call in the edit mode.
- Click View Details.
- Click Edit .
- Paste or type an existing Hangouts Meet URL and click Done.
- Click Save.
Note: You can only paste a Meet link (not a classic Hangouts link) from another calendar event.
Start a video meeting from your web browser
Start a quick meeting and send the link to others asking them to join.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com/.
- Click Join or start a meeting.
- Enter a meeting code or nickname. Or leave the field blank.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start meeting.
- Click Copy joining info to copy the meeting link details, and share it with people you want to invite.
Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.