Requirements to use translated captions
Translated captions are currently only available for the following Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Teaching & Learning Upgrade
- Education Plus
Turn on translated captions
Important: Translated captions are currently available for Google Meet meetings in spoken English. To use translated captions, “Captions” should be set to English and “Translated Captions” should be set to one of the translated languages.
1. Tap the screen so that call controls appear.
2. Tap More Show captions . You get an on-screen prompt that says "Captions are starting."
3. Tap More Settings .
4. Under “Live Captions,” tap Translation language.
5. Select a language:
A check mark appears next to the language you’ve selected.
6. To return to the main screen, tap Return Close .
Translated captions should now be on-screen in your selected language.