Host Management is available to all Google Workspace Editions. When Host Management is turned on, meeting hosts can use the following safety features:
- Chat lock
- Present lock
- Audio lock
- Video lock
- End meeting for everyone
- Mute everyone
Some Workspace editions can use Host Management to add up to 25 co-hosts to their Google Meet meetings.
The following Workspace editions can add co-hosts:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- All Workspace for education editions
- Based on your Google Workspace edition, Host Management might be on or off by default. Host Management can be turned on or off from inside a meeting. Workspace Admins can set up defaults for their domain.
- Participants must be in the meeting to become a host. Classroom meeting hosts can make teachers co-hosts before a meeting.
- Co-hosts can turn Host Management off. Only the main host can re-enable Host Management for all other hosts.
- Participants can't be appointed or removed as co-hosts from Breakout Rooms. Participants must return to the main room to be granted hosting privileges.
- Only the main host receives meeting info, like attendance reports or polling details, but can share meeting info with other co-hosts.
- Host Management settings are saved for any recurring meetings or meetings that re-use the same meeting code. Appointed co-hosts will need to be re-appointed for any recurring meetings.
- We recommend you turn on Host Management settings before you use Breakout rooms. Settings for Host Management can’t be changed after Breakout rooms are live. This prevents the designation of co-hosts who can run Breakout rooms or use meeting safety features.
Turn Host Management on or off
- On your computer, go to meet.google.com.
- Join a meeting.
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- From the side panel that appears, switch on Host management .
- To switch off, click Host Management Turn it off .
Add or remove a co-host
- In a meeting, at the bottom right, click Show everyone .
- From the “People” tab, find or search the participant’s name.
- Next to their name, click Menu Grant host controls .
Once the new co-hosts are granted hosting privileges, the Host controls icon appears at the bottom of their screen.