Before you join a Google Meet meeting, use the green room self-check to preview how you’ll appear in the meeting and check how your audio sounds to others.
Check your audio and video
- Join a meeting at meet.google.com.
- In the green room, select how you want to sound and look in the meeting.
- At the bottom left, before you join, click Check your audio and video .
- In the window that appears:
- To preview the sound from your speaker, click Test speaker .
- To test your device settings, choose your settings Next.
- To preview how you would look in a meeting, click Start.
- At the top right, click Close .
- Join the meeting or change your settings.