With Google Meet, you can host or join large video meetings with up to 100 participants on your Google Nest Hub Max and Assistant-enabled Smart Displays. Displays without cameras can receive video, but can't send video.
Important: Video meetings are not available on Nest Hub (2nd gen), Nest Hub, Lenovo Smart Display 7, or smart clock displays.
Before you begin
- You’ll need a Google Account to create or join a meeting.
- Download the latest version of these apps:
- Meet users with a paid Workspace account can use this feature if it is enabled by your Workspace Admin.
Create a meeting
You can start a meeting directly from your Smart Display or schedule a meeting in advance with Google Calendar.
Start a meeting on your Smart display
To start a new meeting
- Say “Hey, Google, start a meeting,” or on your display tap the Meet card Start a meeting.
Invite people to a new meeting
- There are two ways to share meeting info with others:
- Share the meeting code: Your display will create a new meeting code. Write down this code and share it with people directly.
- Invite through the Google Assistant app: Tap the notification from the Google Assistant app .
- Each person you invite can request to join the meeting.
- When someone requests to join the meeting, you can admit or block them on your display:
- To let them in, tap Admit.
- To block them, tap Deny entry.
Schedule a meeting with Google Calendar
When you schedule a meeting in advance, each participant will receive an email with the event information and a link to join the video meeting. Learn more about creating events in Calendar.
Tip: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to your event, or an invited participant tries to join the meeting with a different email address, they can only enter if you accept their request to join.
Join a meeting
To join a meeting, enter a meeting code or join through a calendar event on your display.
Join with a meeting code
To join a meeting on your display:
- Say “Ok, Google, join a meeting".
- If prompted, select Google Meet and tap Enter a meeting code.
Tip: The meeting code is the string of letters at the end of the meeting link. You don't have to enter the hyphens.
- Enter the meeting code.
- Tap Join now.
Join a scheduled meeting
Meetings on your Google Calendar are listed on your display.
- On your display, swipe left to find events on your calendar.
- Tap the calendar event you want to join.
- Tap Join with Google Meet.
During the meeting
When you use a Google Assistant voice command in a meeting and your mic is on, others will hear you say “Hey Google,” then your mic will be muted while you finish your request. If your video is on, your mic will be muted, but the camera feed will continue to stream.
Mute or unmute your audio
1. Tap Turn off microphone or tap Turn on microphone .
You can also say, “Hey Google, mute me.”
Turn off or on your camera
1. Tap Turn off camera or tap Turn on camera .
You can also say, “Hey Google, start camera” or “Hey Google, turn off camera”.
Pin or unpin participants
You can pin someone’s feed to keep them visible on your screen throughout the meeting. Your meeting layout will change from grid view to sidebar view. Unpin will switch your view back to grid view.
To pin a participant, double-tap their video. To unpin, double-tap their video again.Tip: Tap a participant’s video More options . From the menu, tap Pin or Unpin.
To remove someone from the call:
- Tap More options About this call.
- Next to the participant you want to remove, tap Remove .
Check who's in your meeting and meeting info
You can find a list of participants and the meeting info like the meeting link and dial-in numbers.Tap More options About this call.
View in-call messages
To view in-call messages, tap More options In-call messages.
Messages from others will appear, but you can’t send messages on your display.
Leave a meeting
To leave a meeting, say “Hey Google, hangup,” or tap End call .
If you leave your meeting and want to return the call, tap Rejoin.