To help limit distractions or make video calls more fun, you can now blur your background or replace your background with an image.
Important: Sensitive information might be visible when you change your background.
Before a video call
- Open the Meet app select a meeting.
- Before you join, on the bottom of your self view, tap Blur your background to turn blur on and off.
- Click Join Now.
During a video call
- Tap the screen to see your self view.
- On your self view, tap Blur your background to turn blur on and off.
Blurring your background may increase your battery usage. You may want to turn it off if your battery is low.
Tip: To see how you look with a blurred background, check your self view.
Why don’t I have the option to Change background?
If you don’t see the change background option, you may not meet the following requirements:
- iPhone 6s or newer
- An iOS device with iOS 12 or above